COVID-19 CLAIMS UPDATE
Under Alert Level 2, Vero is further adapting the way we process claims. We continue to work closely with our partners and suppliers to make sure insurance claims affecting the health and safety of our customers are prioritised. Here are some things to be aware of while we process your claim:
- Health & Safety guidelines - to operate safely, all our suppliers will have to maintain physical distancing, good hygiene standards and put contact tracing measures in place. Builders, suppliers and repairers may have to follow more specific procedures to meet Level 2 guidelines. They will let you know their specific requirements as you engage with them about your claim.
- Taking more time – we may need to take more time to complete some work on your property or vehicle if repairers experience delays getting parts or other materials. We are working closely with our suppliers to ensure our customers are kept updated.
- Remote claims assessment and handling - where possible, we will continue to assess and handle claims remotely; this has proven very effective during Alert levels 3 and 4.
- Repairer bookings – Please do your best to keep to booking times when you are meeting with a repairer. This will help the repairer manage their contact tracing and help them resolve your claim more quickly.
- Excess collection - Vero will collect excess payments from customers to minimise the need for you to pay suppliers directly.
If you have more questions about your insurance cover with Vero, please check our Coronavirus COVID-19 update page.
Supporting you, your health and safety, and that of our partners and people, is our goal. Thank you for your patience.