How we’re handling your claims
Vero is processing claims however we are once again working a little differently in Alert Levels 2 and 3. The health and safety of our people, partners and customers remains our priority. Many of our partner suppliers and repairers will have to work with certain restrictions, which may cause delays to work done on your property or vehicle.
Here are some things to be aware of while we process your claim:
- Health & Safety guidelines – to operate safely, all our suppliers will have to maintain physical distancing, good hygiene standards and put contact tracing measures in place. Builders, suppliers and repairers will have to follow certain procedures to meet Level 2 or 3 guidelines. They will let you know their specific requirements as you engage with them about your claim.
- Taking more time – we may need to take more time to complete some work on your property or vehicle if repairers experience delays getting parts or other materials. We are working closely with our suppliers to ensure our customers are kept updated.
- Remote claims assessment and handling – where possible, we will continue to assess and handle claims remotely; this has proven very effective previously.
- Repairer bookings – please keep to booking times when you are meeting with a repairer. This will help the repairer manage their contact tracing and help them resolve your claim more quickly. Where possible repairers will organise contactless handovers and payments to manage better social distancing.
- Excess collection – Vero can collect excess payments from customers to minimise contact with suppliers and repairers.
If you have more questions about your insurance cover with Vero, please check our Coronavirus COVID-19 update page.
Supporting you, your health and safety, and that of our partners and people, is our goal. Thank you for your patience.