For anything from moving cargo overseas to moving house, go with the experts. 

For business owners, we can cover your cargo moving anywhere in the world just once, or on an ongoing basis. 

In addition, if you’re moving machinery for a specific project, we can cover the profit that may be lost if the machinery is damaged or delayed during the move. Or we can cover the extra cost to replace damaged cargo more quickly. Whatever the situation, we offer a range of smart insurance options. 

We can cover you if you’re moving your household goods and personal effects either within or to or from New Zealand, or even your house itself if it’s on the move.

Need to claim?

If you need to make a claim for your cargo, please follow our Cargo claims procedure, and Emailsend us an email.

If you have a Vero Marine insurance certificate, contact your nearest Claims Agent.

For after–hours emergency assistance in New Zealand, call Sedgwick on Call us0800 800 270.

Online broker and customer tools

Single Transit Cargo Products

If you need to move cargo just once or twice, or you’re moving house and need cover for your personal effects, we can provide robust, one-off cover for the move.

Moving cargo within New Zealand

Comprehensive cover for one-off transits within New Zealand.

Find out more

International Transits between New Zealand and overseas

Comprehensive cover for one-off transits of cargo for international moves to or from New Zealand.

Find out more

Moving household effects & personal goods

Cover for your belongings if you’re moving house within New Zealand, or internationally to or from New Zealand. 

Find out more

Marine Open Policy – cover on the go

Ongoing insurance for your goods in transit. Our Open Policy gives you the reassurance that your goods are covered, so you can concentrate on other parts of your business.

Find out more

Additional cargo products

Consequential Loss

Consequential loss cover gives you protection for further impacts to your business following on from accidental loss to or delay of cargo.

Find out more

Buildings in transit

Specialist cover for the relocation of buildings within New Zealand.

Find out more

Why insure in New Zealand?

Whether you’re importing or exporting cargo, you can keep control by arranging your own cargo insurance with a broker or adviser in New Zealand.

Find out more

Get insured with Vero

For expert advice on how Vero can help you with your insurance needs, talk to a broker or adviser. Our locator helps you find a broker or adviser near you.

Find a broker


Can’t find what you’re looking for?

If the products above don’t quite suit your needs, have a look at these other marine insurance products, or get in touch with a broker or adviser for personalised help.

Hull insurance products

Marine liability insurance


Important information

Excesses, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to these policies. Please check the policy wording for details of cover. The provision of cover is subject to the underwriting criteria that apply at the time.

Our website provides general information about our products and services to help you make choices when it comes to protecting the things in life and business that really matter and is not intended to be financial advice. For advice on product suitability, please contact your financial adviser.