Making a car claim shouldn't drive you mad.
We’ve designed a speedy car claims process to get you back on the road as quickly (and safely) as possible.
Our simple car claim process steps:
If you purchased your insurance through a broker or adviser, contact them and we'll work with them to ensure your claim gets processed.
If you want to lodge the claim yourself or have purchased through a car dealer or finance company, you can:
- Make a claim online
- Download and complete our car accident claim form or car theft claim form. Then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can call us to make a claim.
You do not need to make a claim for windscreen and window repairs. Here's how to get it repaired.
We’ll review the details of your claim against your policy to figure out whether you or another party is at fault and how we can help. We’ll call you to talk you through any issues, discuss your options, and to let you know what you need to do next. We’ll help you organise an assessment and repair through our network of approved repairers.
Contact one of our approved repairers who will be able to look at the damage and send us a quote. If you prefer, or if your claim is for a heavy commercial vehicle, you can use your own panel beater; we’ll just need to review the quote completed by them first.
Depending on the damage, we might need to send an insurance assessor to have a look. If it’s going to cost too much to repair, we’ll let you know as soon as possible.
Our approved repairers are a network of experts who in our opinion, can deliver the best result, taking into account time, quality, and cost – minimising any inconvenience to you and ensuring the best possible result. In fact, we guarantee their repairs for as long as you own the vehicle.
If your claim is approved, we’ll let you know right away. You’ll pay your excess, and we’ll take care of the rest of the cost once the panel beater and assessor have reviewed the damage.
If we elect to repair your vehicle, and you're using one of our approved repairers, our Repair Lifetime Guarantee will apply for as long as you own the vehicle.
If your vehicle is going to be a total loss, we may have to get a pre-accident valuation done (don’t worry we’ll let you know if it’s needed).
You can rest easy knowing that we’re working hard to get you behind the wheel as fast as we can. We’ll be in touch, so you know what’s happening at every step of the way.
Things to do before you make a car claim
- If anyone is hurt or the roadway is blocked, call 111 immediately.
- Try to keep calm – emotions can run high after a car accident.
- Don't admit liability or enter into any settlement agreement without talking to us first. Contact your broker immediately to get advice about your claim.
- Keep some paper and a pen in your glove compartment or use your mobile to write down:
- Name, addresses and phone numbers of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident.
- Car licence plate number, make and model of each vehicle involved in the accident.
- The other driver’s driver licence number, insurance company and policy number.
- Names and addresses of witnesses if possible.
- Names and badge numbers of police officers on the scene.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident and car damage. If your car has been stolen, try to find a photo of it in your files.
- File a police report even if no one is hurt.
- Make a claim with us within 24 hrs.