If you’re chartering a vessel, it’s our aim to make the insurance part plain sailing.
We can provide cover for your legal and contractual liabilities under the terms of your charter agreement.
Our Charterers’ Liability cover can provide protection for damage to the vessel, or to third-party cargo you’re carrying, and for your liability to other third parties.
Although the level of cover we provide depends on the type of charter and contract, we can include protection for
- Liability for loss or damage to the vessel
- Liability for loss, damage or shortage of cargo on the vessel
- Loss or damage to the vessels due to incorrect navigational information given, or lack of navigational aids
- Liability for misdirection or inadvertent wrongful release of cargo
- Liability for unrecoverable General Average or salvage contributions
- Collision liabilities
The policy also includes optional extensions that can give protection for
- Detention of the vessel
- Back-to-back sub-charters
- Substitute vessels
- Liability of charterer for demurrage costs