Our Pleasurecraft policy is designed for private boats and their equipment. It also includes dinghies and jet skis, as well as most legal liabilities owners might incur.
- Accidental physical loss or damage to the boat and its equipment
- Costs of emergency rescue and accommodation
- Costs of emergency towing and salvage
- Replacing your flares
- Recharging your fire extinguishers
- Accidental physical loss or damage to your boat while trailered or moored
- Medical and ambulance expenses not covered by ACC, specified personal injury payments and funeral expenses resulting from injury sustained in connection with your boat.
- Costs incurred in preventing loss or damage to your boat
- Loss of competition entry fees where you cannot take part due to damage to your boat
- Legal liability to third parties up to NZ$5 million. This cover applies to anyone using your boat with your permission.
- Legal liability arising from accidents caused by you in someone else’s boat, provided it is not hired to you under a hire purchase or lease arrangement. No cover is provided for damage to the boat itself.