Life is full of surprises – both good and bad.
We’ve designed our general claim process to be fast and easy, so we can sort things out for you straight away when things go pear-shaped.
Our simple claim process steps:
We’ll review the details of your claim against your policy to see how we can help. We’ll get in touch if we need more information and to talk about what you need to do next, how much excess you need to pay, and how you can pay it.
If we accept your claim, we’ll get quotes from our suppliers usually within 24 hrs. If we can’t source replacement items, we’ll work with you and our suppliers to find similar items. We pay out claims through purchase orders, but if you’re not covered for replacement then we can do a cash settlement of the agreed market value by direct credit.
If an item needs to be replaced, we’ll get it delivered to you. If something needs fixing, we’ll transfer money to your bank account so you can organise repairs when it suits you.
Hopefully the stressful part is now over. Using your information, we’ll work hard to put things right as fast as we can. We’ll be in touch so you know what’s happening at every step of the way.
When it comes to damaged or stolen property, we want to help you get back on your feet as quickly as possible.
Here are some things you can do to help make the claim process go smoothly:
- Act quickly! Unplug or power off electrical and digital items if it’s safe to do so. Do everything you can to stop any further damage or loss.
- Report any theft to the police within 24 hrs.
- Make a list of your damaged or stolen items. And don’t throw anything out – we might need to have a look.
- Find any receipts or photos you might have.
- Take photos of damaged goods.
- Talk to your Vero broker and let them know what happened.