- Legal liability for damage to cargo under international conventions, including:
- Hague Visby Rules
- Warsaw Convention and its Protocols and amendments
- Various national Carriage of Goods by Sea Acts (COGSA), etc.
- Legal liability for your customers’ financial losses that are incurred due to an error on the part of the forwarder.
- Legal liability for fines or penalties imposed for negligent and unintended breaches by the forwarder of customs, GST or import regulations.
- Legal fees in the event of a claim.
- Legal liability:
- For improper or insufficient packing of goods by the forwarder
- As bailee for storage of goods
- For damage to goods under the control of sub-contractors under some sections of the policy
- Assumed under contract, with prior written agreement from Vero Marine