Even if you carry cargo on the basis of ‘Owner’s Risk’, if you have an accident and the cargo gets damaged you may still be liable for some cargo-related costs as the carrier. We can provide cover for removing the debris of the goods and any subsequent clean-up costs, plus additional costs you may incur to carry any remaining goods to their destination.
Cover is based on your liabilities under the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017, but our policy also gives you some additional benefits.
The policy is organised into sections, which provide cover for the Act's different contracts depending on what applies to your business.
Your cover can include
- Liability for loss or damage to goods imposed on the carrier under the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 for goods carried on a Limited Carriers Risk basis
- Specified cover for goods carried at Owner’s Risk
- Cover specifically set up to cater for Declared Value or Declared Terms contracts
- Costs following the establishment of a valid claim, and up to a specified limit, for
- Debris removal and clean-up following an accident
- Expediting expenses
- Consequential loss for which you’re legally liable