2 March, 2016
Suncorp New Zealand today announced the structure of its new general insurance and life insurance business, designed to meet the needs of its customers while building a more resilient organisation.
This follows Group CEO and Managing Director Michael Cameron's recent announcement of a new Group operating model to deliver its customer strategy and drive future profitability and growth.
From today, Suncorp New Zealand will provide general insurance and life insurance to New Zealanders through its well-known brands, Vero Insurance, Asteron Life, and AA Life.
"Bringing these great brands together under the Suncorp name will enable us to achieve the Group's 'One Company Many Brands' strategy," said Suncorp New Zealand CEO Paul Smeaton.
"We will take our customer-centric approach to the next level by structuring the business in a way that creates value for the customer, while achieving growth at the same time."
The new responsibilities for the Suncorp New Zealand senior leadership team, which take effect as of today, are as follows:
- Nadine Tereora has been appointed Executive General Manager - Customer Experience
- Adam Heath has been appointed Executive General Manager - Portfolio and Product
- Cris Knell has been appointed Executive General Manager - Distribution
- Jimmy Higgins has been appointed Executive General Manager - Claims
- Adrian Tulloch continues his role as Managing Director - Vero Liability Insurance Limited
- Peter Brown has been appointed Chief Financial Officer until the end of the financial year, June 30, when he has decided to retire after 35 years in our business
- Nigel Edmiston has been appointed Chief Risk Officer
- Terry Gaze has been appointed Executive General Manager - New Zealand Technology, Data and Labs
- Catherine Dixon has been appointed Executive General Manager - People Experience
For all media enquiries please contact: