Paperless Direct Debit Terms and conditions
- you don’t receive a written notice of the amount and date of the first direct debit in the series from Vero, or
- you receive a written notice but the amount or the date of debiting is different from the amount or the date specified on the notice.
If you dispute any direct debit taken from your nominated account within 9 months of the first direct debit, then Vero must produce evidence of your direct debit instructions and confirmation within 5 business days. If Vero fails to do so, then your bank may reverse the direct debit(s).
If you are not satisfied that the direct debit instructions you have given authorise Vero to direct debit your nominated account, your bank may reverse the direct debit(s). If the disputed transaction is outside of the 9 month period then the dispute will be resolved between you and Vero (unless the transaction is the result of forgery, fraud or error).
If anything changes in the schedule of direct debits we will send notification no less than 30 calendar days before the change is effective.
If you would like to make any changes to your direct debit you should be aware that:
- We require at least 48 hours’ notice before your direct debit is scheduled if you need to make any changes;
- We cannot stop or hold deductions due to insufficient funds in the account;
- Payments can take up to 7 business days to clear and funds must clear. Payment must be cleared before any unused premium can be refunded;
- Vero and its related entities does not take responsibility for any bank fees incurred or consequences from defaulted payments.