Wild Weather Recovery Hub
We're here to help.
We understand the damage caused by the recent weather events can be stressful. Here in our Wild Weather Recovery Hub, you can find practical information to help you recover from recent weather events.
For emergency support
If you need emergency repairs or accommodation, please call us on 0800 800 134 as soon as possible.
How to avoid scammers
We know that during times of tragedy, scammers try to take advantage of people impacted. At Vero, we won’t ever send you a text message with a link in it. When our teams are visiting your property, they’ll be clearly identified by a Vero or MPS-branded hi-vis vest.
If you think you have been the victim of fraud from a communication or person posing as Vero, contact 0800 800 134 or your broker immediately.
- Avoid using your internet banking password for anything else and make sure you do not save it to your browser.
- Keep your device operating system, apps and anti-virus software up to date and ensure all your devices are protected with a PIN, password or biometric.
- Report any scam calls you receive directly to your telecommunications provider.
- Do not access online banking or insurance log ins from links in text messages or emails.
- Never allow anyone who calls you out of the blue to have remote access to your devices.
- Never provide or confirm your credit card details, internet banking login details, PINS and two-factor authentication codes in response to a phone call you've received out of the blue, even if they say they are from the bank, your insurance company or the police.
- If you think you have been the victim of a fraud or scam contact your bank immediately.