These quote, on-line purchase and My Insurance Manager web applications belong to the underwriter of the AMP Everyday House, Contents and Motor insurance products, Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited (Vero). There are terms and conditions that you must agree to in using Vero’s web applications (the Apps). These terms and conditions are in addition to, and do not replace, the specific terms and conditions of AMP Everyday House, Contents and Motor insurance products. In these terms and conditions all references to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ are references to Vero.
1. Restrictions on use of the Apps
You agree that you will not, (either yourself or through any third party):
1. use any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other automatic device or process (Automated Process) to process, monitor, copy or extract any web pages on the Apps, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through the Apps, without our prior written permission;
2. use any Automated Process to aggregate or combine information, content or data contained within or accessible through the Apps with information, content or data accessible via or sourced from any third party;
3. use any device, software, process or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Apps or any transaction or process being conducted on or through it;
4. take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of or bandwidth connecting to the Apps;
5. reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with the Apps; or
6. copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any part of any content from the Apps without our prior written permission.
The Apps use “cookies” as a fundamental part of the interaction with your internet browser. A "cookie" is a small text file placed on your computer when a web page is loaded. A cookie can later be accessed by our website servers when you next visit our websites. Cookies are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how accept cookies by configuring your preferences and options in your browser. Cookies do not alter the operation of your computer or mobile device in any way.
3. Content & Use of the Apps
1. The content of the Apps is owned or licensed by us and is protected by copyright law, trademark and other intellectual property rights. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, republish, display, post or transmit any part of the content on the App without our written permission.
2. You accept that while we try to ensure the accuracy of all of the content we do not accept any liability for the use made by you of the content.
3. The Apps also provide links to and content from other Internet sites and resources including calculators. Because we have no control over these sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of these external sites or resources and do not endorse nor have any responsible for any content, advertising products, services or other materials on or available from these sites or resources.
4. AMP makes use of Auto Information Ltd (Redbook) data to assist in calculating vehicle values for underwriting purposes. To the fullest extent permitted by law, AMP and Redbook excludes all liability and will not be liable for any loss resulting from the use of, or reliance on, the information presented by Redbook or AMP to help facilitate the quotation and purchase process. Customers are reminded to make their own independent assessment of their vehicle and utilise other sources of information.
5. The information available on the Apps is general in nature only. It does not constitute a recommendation, opinion or guidance as to the insurance that is appropriate for your individual circumstances. This information does not constitute personalised financial advice; it does not take into account your particular financial situation, needs or goals, or tolerance for risk. To the extent that any of this information constitutes financial advice, it is class advice only. If you would like advice that takes into account your particular financial situation, needs or goals, or tolerance for risk, please contact an authorised financial adviser. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate, you should not rely on this information to make any financial decision. We suggest that you seek independent advice before acting upon any of the Apps’ content or any information found on a Third Party App.
6. The Apps are for your personal use and are not to be used for any commercial purpose. As a result, we will not be responsible in any circumstances for your loss of profits. We will also not be responsible for any loss including wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data.
7. We are not liable for any damages or losses resulting from your inability to use the Apps and cannot promise that the Apps will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. Because of the nature of the Internet, the Apps are provided on an "as available" basis. We will not be responsible to you if we are unable to provide the Apps for any reason.
8. You must only use the Apps to:
(a) obtain insurance quotes;
(b) obtain other information relating to the price of insurance cover from us; and
(c) conduct legitimate insurance related transactions or queries;
in respect of insurance cover for you or a member of your immediate family (with their prior consent) for which you genuinely seek insurance cover.
9. Any content on the Apps, products purchased through the Apps and these terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law.
10. All amounts specified are in New Zealand dollars unless specified otherwise.
11. We may change the Apps or these terms at any time. If you use the Apps after we have changed the terms you will be bound by the new terms.
2. Quotes and On-line Purchases
1. To obtain a quote and/or apply for insurance you must be 18 years old and a resident in New Zealand.
2. The quote and descriptions displayed on the Apps or the AMP Everyday website are not intended to contain the full terms and conditions of the insurance. The full terms of the insurance policy requested are set out in the specific policy document, including the policy’s schedule, conditions, restrictions, limitations, and requirements.
3. All applications for insurance (including variations of cover) through the Apps are subject to our acceptance criteria that applies at the time of application.
4. The premium rates quoted are only valid until the date specified on your quote, also all quotes generated are subject to:
(a) underwriting approval and insurance cover will only commence if we accept your application; and
(b) adjustment based on the additional information provided during the purchase process; and
(c) the requirement that all information given was correct; a quote will not be valid where any incorrect information has been given.
5. We do not guarantee that the quote generated is correct, accurate, or complete. You may use the quote only if you agree not to make any claims against us for any loss or damage that may arise as a result. We do not accept any liability for errors, misprints, or omission in the quote figures generated including, without limitation, those caused by negligence or computer hardware or software fault or dysfunction, including by way of computer virus.
6. We do not make any representation that the insurance policy selected by you is suitable for your circumstances and have not provided any advice as to the general suitability of such a policy. The policy has been chosen solely by the individual concerned.
7. The payment method selected affects the premium charged for a policy. Paying the premium annually costs less than paying by instalments. This is because payment frequency is one of the rating factors (due to an observed link between payment frequency and the likelihood of making a claim) used to determine your premium.
8. We may act on and process all completed Electronic Instructions transmitted or issued through the Apps without further consent from or reference to you and treat an Electronic Instruction as authentic and we are under no obligation to investigate the authenticity or authority of persons issuing or transmitting such Electronic Instructions, or to verify the accuracy and completeness of such Electronic Instructions.
9. On-line Payment:
(i) All payments for any insurance transaction must be paid in full by clear funds by the due date specified in the relevant confirmation.
(ii) All payments are to be made by credit or debit cards (or bank account debit, as relevant) at the time of the relevant transaction in relation to the applicable policy or service. In the case of a credit or debit card transaction, you must provide us with details of your current and valid credit or debit card, including:
(a) card type;
(b) name on card;
(c) card number;
(d) card verification value (CVV); and
(e) expiry date.
(iii) In the case of a bank account debit, you must provide us with details of your current and valid bank account, including:
(a) the full name of the account holder; and
(b) the account number.
10. If you make any purchases or payments via My Insurance Manager your payment will be processed in accordance with these terms, and any other terms and conditions specific to the particular transaction.
11. If you fail to pay your applicable premium or claim excess, whether via My Insurance Manager or through another payment method we offer, we may not provide you with the cover or policy benefit you have claimed for. Refer to the policy wording and your policy Schedule for more information about your premium and any applicable claim excess.
3. My Insurance Manager:
1. My Insurance Manager enables you to perform certain insurance-related transactions online, such as:
(i) view and manage some details relating to certain insurance policies you hold with us;
(ii) purchase and pay for some insurance products and services online;
(iii) renew some insurance products and services online.
My Insurance Manager has limited functionality. My Insurance Manager is available only for AMP Everyday Motor, Home and Contents insurance policies.
2. Accessing My Insurance Manager
(i) My Insurance Manager is only accessible to you if you have “logged in” by providing certain details as requested on the log-in, registration and/or authentication pages of My Insurance Manager, relating to you and/or a policy for which My Insurance Manager is available (this information is your “Login”). You will only be able to “log-in”, generate a Login, and use My Insurance Manager if you hold at least one current insurance policy for which My Insurance Manager is available.
(ii) The username component of your Login will be a valid email address you select. You should select an email that only you have access to, since we may communicate with you using that address.
(iii) If you hold a policy for which My Insurance Manager is available, and that policy is held in a company, trust or similar single entity name (rather than a person’s first and last name), you will need to provide Login details relating to the main authorised contact person listed on the policy. If the policy is held by more than one policyholder with the same last name, you may be unable to register for or access My Insurance Manager. Call us on 0800 505234 if you would like to confirm your eligibility for My Insurance Manager.
(iv) You must not provide details of your Login to any other person. You must not allow any other person to use your Login. You must not use My Insurance Manager to access or modify the details of another person’s insurance without their clear authority.
3. Loading your policy details onto My Insurance Manager
(i) When you register for my Insurance Manager you will be asked to nominate a current insurance policy you hold for which My Insurance Manager is available. This policy will be associated with your Login (a "Loaded Policy").
(ii) If you hold multiple policies for which My Insurance Manager is available, after you register for My Insurance Manager you may be able to associate those policies with your same Login (each such policy then being a "Loaded Policy").
(iii) If you hold multiple policies for which My Insurance Manager is available, and we have permitted those policies to be linked with your Loaded Policy, My Insurance Manager may automatically associate such policies with your Login (each such policy then being a "Loaded Policy").
4. Permitted Transactions using My Insurance Manager
My Insurance Manager may enable you to purchase and pay for or renew certain policies for which My Insurance Manager is available. The payment terms which show in 2(9) above apply to such payments.
5. Termination of My Insurance Manager Access
We reserve the right to terminate your access to My Insurance Manager at any time upon notice to you. You must terminate your access and/or use of My Insurance Manager if you are no longer a policyholder under the relevant insurance policy. You agree to fully indemnify us for any cost, loss or damage, however caused, arising from your continued use of My Insurance Manager if you are no longer a policyholder. You may terminate your access to My Insurance Manager at any time upon notice to us, which notice must be given to us either by calling 0800 505234 or by emailing us here, email@example.com with sufficient identifying information along with your request. However, such termination will not be effective until notice of that termination is received, processed and acknowledged by us. Our limitation of liability also applies to the termination of My Insurance Manager access.
6. No Liability for My Insurance Manager
We are not liable for any damages or losses resulting from your inability to use My Insurance Manager and cannot promise that My Insurance Manager will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. Because of the nature of the Internet, My Insurance Manager is provided on an "as available" basis. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide the My Insurance Manager for any reason. We do not accept any liability for errors, misprints, or omission in My Insurance Manager including, without limitation, those caused by negligence or computer hardware or software fault or dysfunction, including by way of computer virus.
These terms and conditions explained a number areas in which we exclude liability, please be aware that in addition to these specific exclusions of liability that we are not liable for any losses (including consequential), damages, liabilities, claims or expenses whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of the Apps including My Insurance Manager, its content, access or lack of it.