Our claims teams across New Zealand are ready to review your claim and settle it immediately where possible. If it’s a complex case, our resolution team will work with you and your Broker or Adviser to process your claim.
Either way, our commitment to our policyholders is that we will always treat them fairly and consistently.
Vero is a member of the Insurance Council of New Zealand
We are committed to complying with the Council’s Fair Insurance Code, which includes requirements for us to:
- Provide insurance contracts setting out in plain English what is insured, what is not insured, and what your obligations are;
- Settle all valid claims fairly and promptly;
- Where a claim is declined, clearly explain the reason(s) for this;
- Fully investigate complaints, advise you of the outcome, and when necessary, tell you about the Insurance and Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme.
If you would like to give us feedback
Positive or negative, you can let us know via our online feedback form.
If you have raised an issue with your Claims Consultant and they have not been able to resolve it to your satisfaction, you can follow our formal complaints process.
If you make a complaint to us, we will:
- Let you know that we have received your complaint within five business days
- Make sure your complaint is fully investigated as soon as possible by someone not involved in the original decision
- Send you written advice about the progress or outcome of the complaint within ten working days of receiving your complaint
- Tell you within two months if we are unable to resolve your complaint
Step 1 - Ask to speak to the Team Manager
You can refer the matter to your Claims Consultant’s Team Manager who will review your complaint and discuss the matter with other relevant parties as required.
Within ten working days of receiving your complaint, the Team Manager will contact you to discuss your options and confirm this in writing.
Ask for your Consultant’s Team Manager at 0800 800 134
Step 2 - Contact our Customer Relationship Specialist
If you are not satisfied with the outcome from the Team Manager you can request a further independent review by our Customer Relationship Specialist. We will keep you informed of progress and timeframes and when the Customer Relationship Specialist has completed their review we will contact you with their feedback and proposed solution.
Contact the Customer Relationship Specialist on 0800 800 134 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do everything we can to resolve your complaint but in some circumstances this may not be possible. If we have exhausted all avenues of negotiation between us, you may be eligible to approach the Insurance and Financial Services Ombudsman.
Step 3 - The Insurance and Financial Services Ombudsman (IFSO)
If the Customer Relationship Specialist is not able to resolve the matter and it is within the jurisdiction of the IFSO, then we will issue a Letter of Deadlock so that you can refer your complaint to the IFSO.
The IFSO Scheme provides a free independent service for consumers with a complaint about services provided in New Zealand by participating financial service providers like Vero.
Phone 0800 888 202